Visa Photo Dimensions
Non-Immigrant Visa Photograph Requirements
Photographs for U.S. visas are not the same size or quality as ID photographs commonly used in Mauritania. Please use the following checklist for your U.S. visa photographs:
- One photograph taken within the last six months
- Size - about 2 x 2 inches (5 x 5 cm) square, with the image measured from the bottom of your chin to the top of your face, not less than 1" or more than 1-3/8" (3.5cm). There should be at least 1-1/2" (4cm) between the top of the head and the photograph's border. Do not crop the photograph.
- The photographs must be clear, front view and full face; and be printed with a white plain background.
- Photographs should be in color
- Dark glasses must not be worn unless required for medical reasons
- Normal street attire, without a hat.
- The face should be entirely uncovered, including the ears.
- Photos that are grainy in appearance cannot be accepted
- The backs must not be waxy or have a self-adhesive coating.
- Applicants must upload their photograph electronically onto the DS-160 form, and they should bring one photo to the U.S. Embassy with the confirmation page from the DS-160 application.
List of Photographers:
You can use the photographer of your choice. Three photographers are mentioned below for your information. The Embassy cannot, however, assume responsibility for their ability and integrity. Prices and development delays should be determined by the client and the photographer. Do not forget to mention that you require photos suitable for a visa application for the U.S. as the format is different from those used for Mauritanian ID photos.
- Universel Photo: Av. G. A. Nasser, next to Chinguitty Bank,
Tel: 525-3544 Mob. 630-2331
- Digital Photo: Tevragh Zeina
- Studio Kodak: across from restaurant "Le Prince"